Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad -------------------------
4 sesame seed hamburger bun tops
1 small red onion, divided
2 plum tomatoes
3/4 lb 95% lean ground beef
1/2 cup finely diced dill pickles
3/4 cup ketchup
1 tbsp yellow mustard
8 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Slice bun tops into 1/4-in. strips (if bun tops are very thick, slice bottoms off horizontally before slicing into strips). Arrange in a single layer on Large Bar Pan; bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.
2. Cut onion in half crosswise using Utility Knife. Slice half of the onion crosswise into thin rings using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with thin slicing blade. Cut tomatoes into quarters lengthwise and slice crosswise. Set onion and tomatoes aside.
3. Cook ground beef in (8-in.) Sauté Pan over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles using Slotted Turner. Chop remaining onion half using Food Chopper. Finely dice pickles using Utility Knife. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine chopped onion, pickles, ketchup and mustard. Add cooked ground beef; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R).
4. To serve, arrange lettuce on large serving platter. Spoon beef mixture over lettuce. Top with cheese, tomatoes and sliced onion. Arrange hamburger bun croutons around edge of platter. Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 250, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Protein 19 g, Sodium 750 mg, Fiber 2 g
Chocolate-Caramel Pecan Cakes
2 tbsp sugar
3/4 cup pecan halves, divided
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup sour cream
1 pkg (9 oz) devil's food cake mix
1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1. For cakes, spray six Prep Bowls with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer; blot out excess using paper towel. Coat evenly with sugar; set aside. Place pecans in Small Micro-Cooker(R). Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring every 30 seconds. Using Sauté Tongs, set aside six pecan halves for garnish.
2. Combine chocolate morsels and oil in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave 30-60 seconds or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Add sour cream and egg; whisk until smooth. Grate remaining pecans into batter bowl using Rotary Grater. Add cake mix and mix until combined using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R).
3. Divide batter evenly among prepared bowls using Medium Scoop. Place bowls in a circle on microwave turntable. Microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. (Tops of cakes will appear wet, but edges will appear cooked and dry.) Carefully remove bowls from microwave using Chef's Tongs. Invert bowls onto Cutting Board using tongs; leave bowls over cakes and cool 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine ice cream topping and chocolate morsels in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring once. Place cakes onto serving plates. Top each cake with about 2 tbsp sauce and one reserved pecan half.
Yield: 6 cakes
Nutrients per serving: (1 cake): Calories 640, Total Fat 38 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 71 g, Protein 8 g, Sodium 460 mg, Fiber 5 g
Cook's Tip: These cakes can be baked in a conventional oven, if desired. Place Prep Bowls onto Medium Sheet Pan and bake at 350°F for 30-34 minutes. Proceed as recipe directs.
Smoky Buffalo Chicken Wings
24 chicken wing drumettes (2 1/2-3 lb)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce or Louisiana-style hot sauce
2 tbsp Smoky Barbecue Rub
Celery & Dip
4 large stalks celery
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 cup (1 oz) crumbled blue cheese
1. For wings, trim excess fat and skin using Boning Knife. Place wings into Deep Covered Baker; season with salt. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 8 minutes. Turn wings over using Sauté Tongs. Microwave on HIGH 7-10 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 180°F when inserted into meatiest part of wings alongside bones and meat is no longer pink.
2. Meanwhile, for celery and dip, cut celery stalks in half crosswise, then lengthwise using (5-in.) Santoku Knife. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and black pepper in Small Batter Bowl; whisk until blended using Stainless Whisk. Gently stir in blue cheese; set aside.
3. Carefully remove baker from microwave and remove lid, lifting away from you. Drain wings in large Colander. Add oil to (12-in.) Skillet; heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Place wings in Skillet; cover with Splatter Screen. Cook 4-6 minutes or until browned on all sides, turning frequently.
4. Combine hot sauce and rub in Stainless (6-qt.) Mixing Bowl; add wings and toss to coat using Master Scraper. Transfer wings to serving platter. Serve immediately with celery sticks and dip.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrients per serving: (3 wings, 2 celery sticks and about 2 tbsp dip): Calories 300, Total Fat 25 g,
Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 16 g, Sodium 670 mg, Fiber 1 g
January 2018 Calendar Collection – Free!
2 weeks ago